Sunday, January 31, 2010

Sergey Lavrov's media briefing about Haiti and Cuba...from version"TV-Novosti"

ABOUT CUBA AND RUSSIAN RELATION SPEECH:
Transcript of remarks and response to media questions by Minister of Foreign Affairs Sergey Lavrov at press conference to sum up Russian foreign policy activities in 2009, Moscow, January 22, 2010.


You asked separately about our relationship with Cuba. These relations have a special place in our ties with Latin America. I have already said that the President of the Council of State and the Council of Ministers of Cuba, Raul Castro, paid a visit to Russia a year ago. A meeting of the Cuba-Russia Intergovernmental Commission on trade-and-economic and scientific-technical cooperation took place, and solid packages of documents were signed. We laid the emphasis on energy, transport, engineering and biopharmaceuticals. A Memorandum on the principles of our strategic cooperation was also signed. This year we celebrate the 50th anniversary of the restoration of diplomatic relations between our countries. As part of my visit to Havana I will participate in the 19th Havana International Book Fair, where this year Russia will be the chief guest. So in all spheres, including humanitarian, we have very good prospects. For us these relations are value in themselves. They develop to the extent that there is very serious, very natural interest in promoting mutually beneficial cooperation.


ABOUT HAITI THE RUSSIAN FOREIGN AFFAIRS MINISTER ANSWERED TO THE PRESS:
With regard to Haiti, of course, we advocate that the operations of relief to that long-suffering country should be carried out in strict accordance with the principles that are endorsed by the international community for such situations. Whether we like it or not, in many cases, the humanitarian situation in some way requires the deployment of military resources, just because it is faster, more efficient. But it is sometimes also that there are simply no other resources to cope with a disaster. The Haiti disaster is really an unprecedented tragedy. I proceed from the assumption that whatever resources the various countries might use, Russia will actively participate in relief efforts in Haiti through the provision of personnel, equipment and supplies by our Emergencies Ministry in any case. Nobody will exploit the current situation to achieve any purpose other than to provide assistance to the Haitian people and the Haitian state in dire need of it.

20 comments:

  1. Howdy! I could have sworn I've been to your blog before but after looking at many of the posts I realized it's new to me.
    Anyhow, I'm certainly pleased I found it and I'll be book-marking it and checking back regularly!


    Have a look at my web blog How you can Loose Fats Coming via Beneath your Underarms

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent post however , I was wanting to know if you could write a litte more
    on this subject? I'd be very thankful if you could elaborate a little bit further. Appreciate it!

    My blog post ... Struggling with " moobs "? Know how to speak about it to your doctor

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have read so many articles about the blogger lovers however this article is truly a good paragraph,
    keep it up.

    Here is my weblog: http://chestfatburner.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. May I simply just say what a comfort to find
    somebody who really knows what they're discussing on the web. You actually realize how to bring an issue to light and make it important. More and more people ought to read this and understand this side of your story. It's surprising you are not more popular since you most
    certainly possess the gift.

    Look into my webpage: Reasons Behind Large Areola Dimensions

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been exploring for a bit for any high quality articles or weblog posts in this kind of house .
    Exploring in Yahoo I finally stumbled upon this site. Studying this info So i'm happy to show that I've a very excellent uncanny feeling I came
    upon just what I needed. I so much definitely will
    make sure to don?t disregard this site and provides it a look on a continuing basis.



    my homepage ... http://chestfatburner.com/tone-your-lower-chest-with-exercises-and-diet

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks very nice blog!

    Also visit my webpage Negative effects regarding drugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Howdy I am so happy I found your website, I
    really found you by mistake, while I was browsing on Yahoo for
    something else, Anyways I am here now and would just like
    to say kudos for a remarkable post and a all round interesting blog
    (I also love the theme/design), I don’t have time to look over it all at the minute but I have
    bookmarked it and also added in your RSS feeds, so when I have
    time I will be back to read more, Please do keep up
    the great jo.

    Here is my blog post: chestfatburner.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Write more, thats all I have to say. Literally, it seems as though you relied on the video to make your point.

    You clearly know what youre talking about, why throw away your intelligence on
    just posting videos to your weblog when you could be giving us
    something informative to read?

    my homepage - chestfatburner.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello, all the time i used to check web site posts here early
    in the break of day, because i like to gain knowledge of more and more.


    Also visit my page - Chestfatburner.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Please let me know if you're looking for a writer for your weblog. You have some really great posts and I believe I would be a good asset. If you ever want to take some of the load off, I'd really like to write some content for your blog in exchange for a link back
    to mine. Please blast me an email if interested. Cheers!


    my web page chestfatburner.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ahaa, its nice dialogue concerning this post at this place at this website,
    I have read all that, so at this time me also commenting at
    this place.

    My site ... Reasons for Sagging Upper body

    ReplyDelete
  12. You actually make it appear really easy along with your presentation however I to
    find this matter to be really something that I believe I'd never understand. It seems too complicated and very large for me. I am looking ahead to your subsequent publish, I'll try to get the hang of it!


    Here is my homepage - Increased Oexcess The extra estrogen Stage Causes Moobs

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello there, You have done a great job. I will certainly digg it and personally suggest to my friends.

    I'm sure they will be benefited from this site.

    my web page; http://chestfatburner.com/how-to-use-testosterone-gel-for-gynecomastia-treatment/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great beat ! I would like to apprentice at the same
    time as you amend your web site, how could i subscribe for a weblog website?
    The account helped me a acceptable deal. I have been a little bit
    familiar of this your broadcast offered vivid clear idea

    My webpage Data compresion Garment to cover from Man Boobs

    ReplyDelete
  15. Greetings from Florida! I'm bored to tears at work so I decided to check out your website on my iphone during lunch break. I really like the knowledge you provide here and can't wait to take a look when
    I get home. I'm shocked at how quick your blog loaded on my phone .. I'm not even using WIFI, just 3G .
    . Anyways, amazing blog!

    Here is my website ... chestfatburner.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's hard to find knowledgeable people about this subject, but you seem like you know what you're talking
    about! Thanks

    Feel free to visit my web blog; chestfatburner.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I could not refrain from commenting. Exceptionally well written!



    My web page ... The best way should you handle gynecomastia?

    ReplyDelete
  18. I do not know if it's just me or if perhaps everybody else experiencing issues with your site. It appears like some of the text on your posts are running off the screen. Can somebody else please comment and let me know if this is happening to them as well? This may be a problem with my internet browser because I've had this happen previously.
    Appreciate it

    Also visit my website ... Both gynecomastiaas well as pseudo-gynecomastia

    ReplyDelete
  19. Heya i'm for the primary time here. I came across this board and I find It truly useful & it helped me out much. I'm hoping to present something again and
    aid others like you aided me.

    Take a look at my webpage chestfatburner.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. This text is invaluable. Where can I find out more?



    my webpage - How To Find A Gynecomastiadecrease Plan

    ReplyDelete