Saturday, August 8, 2009

..Voices Of Guyana by Adeline Foster , poem.


As a stallion, prancing, strong
I held my head above the throng,
Then stooped to kiss the lips so dear
That spoke my life and future here.

I said: I do. Yes, I love you.
Forever will our hearts be true.
And lilting were those words from you
Responding to me: Yes, I do.

The shadows lengthen o'er our home.
I'm absent; ask me why I roam.
Why I give you so much space?
Why seek I more a peaceful place?

The lilting notes once in your voice
Are clashing cymbals now by choice.
The music that I once perceived
Disguised it was; I was deceived.

The children that you bore to me
You castigate to the n'th degree.
Now crass the words spew from your tongue
And harsh the sound your morning song.

No glorious future left to me.
Thunderous clouds is all I see;
Absence my only refuge now.
Retrieve that long lost day? O! how?

3/18/09

No comments:

Post a Comment