Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Glorida Estefan Supports The Juanes Cuba Concert .





In fact, before I leave Santiaqo de Cuba, Cuba to Miami with my wife and daughter in 1996, they placed my neighbors loudspeakers in the streets with songs from Willy Chirino and Gloria Stefan without anyone bothering them despite high volumes of audio. In fact, for the population, the Miami Cuban-American singers are just as Cuban as those who are on the island and whatever they think whatever they say. The people of the island refers to the degree that adds value to the national culture as patterns for measuring them. I checked on my recent trip to Santiago de Cuba that Gloria Estefan is considered as an unquestionable part of Cuban culture within the island of Cuba. Walter Nunez Estrada, Sarasota, Florida, 34,233.



MIAMI (CBS4.com) ―
Gloria Estefan said she supports Colombian rocker Juanes in his quest to sing in Cuba, saying Juanes has his heart in the right place.

Estefan said she was ok with his decision to perform in the September 20th concert, according to a Spanish article published on Univision.com.

The Cuban-American singer and songwriter was quoted saying, "I know Juanes has his heart in the right place and wants to do something in the name of peace," according to an interview with Notimex.

She did say it'd be interesting to watch if he'd make any mention of the gross human rights violations on the island while on stage, or if he'd be muted by the Cuban government. "If he is going to talk about something, I don't know if they'll let him, nor how it will come out, but it will be interesting," said Estefan.

Estefan and her husband, producer Emilio Estefan, are staunch supporters of freedom for Cubans on the island. She thinks that the Cuban people deserve to listen to Juanes's music and message. However, she went on to say, she wouldn't' perform in Cuba because she'd probably get in trouble.

"It'd be impossible to sing in today's Cuba because of many reasons," said Estefan. "First because they wouldn't let me enter; I'm a persona non grata. Secondly, if I stand on a stage, I'll have to express my idea over the things that they lack, which could cause violence in the audience and against my

No comments:

Post a Comment