Monday, June 8, 2009

"JAMAICAN OBSERVER":Mental health problem at boiling point, say experts




Dr. Rosemarie Wright-Pascoe is the new president of the Medical Association of Jamaica (MAJ).
The consultant physician and endocrinologist who is only the second female president of the association in 130 years, teaches internal medicine, endocrinology and metabolism at the Faculty of Medical Sciences at the University
of the West Indies.
Dr. Rosemarie Angela Wright-Pascoe
Senior Lecturer in FMS -Medicine: Faculty of Medical Sciences
Bach. of Medicine & Surgery from UWI MonaDoctor of Medicine from UWI Mona
Email: rosemarie.wrightpascoe@uwimona.edu.jm


Assessment Report
Membership
Royal College of Phys-London





BY KIMMO MATTHEWS, Observer staff reporter matthewsk@jamaicaobserver.com
Monday, June 08, 2009
JAMAICA'S mental health problem has reached boiling point, and it is not being addressed despite the telling effects seen in the high rate of murders and other serious crimes, experts say.
Two of the country's mental health practitioners and one special education lecturer expressed the concern Saturday night, that despite the effects of "mental trauma" affecting Jamaica, the problems with mental health were being ignored.Identifying high levels of homicides, abuse of children along with other acts of criminality as possible side effects of a country suffering from post-traumatic stress, Dr Myo Kyaw Oo, consultant psychiatrist; Avril Daley, lecturer in the Department of Special Education at the University of the West Indies; and Dr Earl Wright, psychiatrist, all agreed that the problem had reached boiling point.
The three were speakers at the Medical Association of Jamaica Symposium held at the Jamaica Pegasus Hotel in New Kingston under the theme 'The Impact of Trauma on the Health of Our Nation'.Linkhttp://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/html/20090608T030000-0500_153055_OBS_MENTAL_HEALTH_PROBLEM_AT_BOILING_POINT__SAY_EXPERTS.asp




Geestelijke gezondheid probleem kookpunt, zeggen deskundigen DOOR Kimmo MATTHEWS, Waarnemer personeel verslaggever matthewsk@jamaicaobserver.com Maandag, juni 08, 2009 Jamaica's psychisch probleem heeft bereikt kookpunt, en het is niet aangepakt, ondanks het vertellen effecten gezien in het hoge tarief van moorden en andere ernstige misdrijven, deskundigen zeggen. Twee van het land van de geestelijke gezondheid van de praktijk en een speciaal onderwijs docent haar bezorgdheid over geuit zaterdagavond, dat ondanks de gevolgen van de "geestelijke trauma" die van invloed zijn Jamaica, de problemen met de geestelijke gezondheid werden genegeerd. Ik dentifying hoge niveaus van moorden, misbruik van kinderen samen met andere vormen van criminaliteit zoals mogelijke bijwerkingen van een land die lijden aan post-traumatische stress, Dr KYAW Myo Oo, consultant psychiater; Avril Daley, docent bij de afdeling Speciaal Onderwijs aan de Universiteit van de West-Indië, en dr. Earl Wright, psychiater, allemaal over eens dat het probleem had bereikt kookpunt. De drie sprekers op de Medical Association van Jamaica Symposium gehouden in het Jamaica Pegasus Hotel in New Kingston onder het thema 'De impact van trauma op de gezondheid van onze natie. "



Problème de santé mentale au point d'ébullition, disent les experts PAR Kimmo MATTHEWS, Observateur staff reporter matthewsk@jamaicaobserver.com Lundi, Juin 08, 2009 Jamaïque problème de santé mentale a atteint le point d'ébullition, et il n'est pas abordée, malgré les effets de dire dans le taux élevé de meurtres et autres crimes graves, disent les experts. Deux des pays de la santé mentale, et un professeur d'éducation spéciale a exprimé les préoccupations du samedi soir, que malgré les effets de "traumatismes mentaux" affectant la Jamaïque, les problèmes de santé mentale ont été ignorés. Je ÉTERMINATION des niveaux élevés d'homicides, d'abus d'enfants ainsi que d'autres actes criminels comme les effets secondaires possibles d'un pays souffrant de stress post-traumatique, le Dr Myo Kyaw Oo, psychiatre; Avril Daley, professeur au Département de l'éducation spéciale à l'Université des Indes occidentales et le Dr Earl Wright, psychiatre, tous ont convenu que le problème a atteint le point d'ébullition. Les trois intervenants ont été à l'Association médicale de la Jamaïque, Symposium tenu à l'Hôtel Jamaica Pegasus à New Kingston, sous le thème «L'impact des traumatismes sur la santé de notre nation».


Problema de salud mental en el punto de ebullición, dicen expertos Por Kimmo MATTHEWS, reportero de Observadores de personal matthewsk@jamaicaobserver.com Lunes, junio 08, 2009


JAMAICA El problema de salud mental ha alcanzado el punto de ebullición, y no se está abordando a pesar de los efectos observados en la alta tasa de asesinatos y otros delitos graves, dicen los expertos. Dos de los profesionales de la salud mental y un profesor de educación especial expresaron con preocupación el sábado por la noche, que, a pesar de los efectos de "trauma mental" que afecta a Jamaica, con los problemas de salud mental estos están siendo ignorados. I DENTIFICACIÓN altos niveles de homicidios, el abuso de los niños junto con otros actos de delincuencia como los posibles efectos secundarios de un país que sufre de estrés post-traumático, el Dr. Myo Kyaw Oo, psiquiatra consultor; Avril Daley, profesor en el Departamento de Educación Especial en la Universidad de las Indias Occidentales, y el Dr. Earl Wright, psiquiatra, todos estamos de acuerdo en que el problema había llegado a punto de ebullición. Los tres fueron los oradores en la Simposio de la Asociación Médica de Jamaica celebrado en el Hotel Jamaica Pegasus en Kingston Nueva bajo el lema 'El impacto del trauma en la salud de nuestra nación ".

28 comments:

  1. also check out http://njoywritinginc.blogspot.com. I am sure you will Njoy

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're now fully soaked towards the new found glory of technology. There are many categories to decide on from. Sure, some girls only request small $10 items, but you can find those that have insanely priced items on there.

    Feel free to surf to my weblog - Adult Sex Chat

    ReplyDelete
  3. UFS mining shelters include the Rapid-Span, Supa-Span, and Alu-Span range of products, these structures are all easily disassembled
    and cartable making them excellent for interim facilities with resale options.
    Jundee brought up US$400 million of gold property alone,
    while Bronzewing, at this time owned by Navigator Strategies Ltd.
    One particular of the primary regions within the mining market in Australia which has observed the fantastic
    boost in the employment of ladies is dump trucking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there, just became alert to your blog through Google,
    and found that it is really

    informative. I am going to watch out for brussels. I will appreciate if you
    continue

    this in future. Many people will be benefited from your writing.

    Cheers!
    Feel free to visit my web page :: buying real Estate On ebay

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there, just became alert to your blog through Google,
    and found that it is really

    informative. I am going to watch out for brussels. I will appreciate
    if you continue

    this in future. Many people will be benefited from your writing.
    Cheers!
    My page > buying real Estate On ebay

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey there, You've performed a fantastic job. I will certainly digg it and personally recommend

    to my friends. I'm confident they will be benefited from this website.
    Feel free to surf my page ; jobs public in dublin

    ReplyDelete
  7. We're a group of volunteers and opening a new scheme in our community. Your website

    provided us with valuable information to work on. You have done a formidable job

    and our entire community will be grateful to you.

    Here is my web page ... http://www.adfty.net/story.php?id=1448756

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you a bunch for sharing this with all folks you actually

    understand what you are talking approximately! Bookmarked.

    Kindly

    additionally consult with my site =). We

    can have a link trade agreement between us!

    Look at my homepage smooth travel news

    ReplyDelete
  9. Terrific work! This is the kind of information that should be shared across
    the net. Shame on the seek engines for no longer positioning this publish
    upper! Come on

    over and talk over with my website . Thank you

    =)

    my homepage; zapatero spain

    ReplyDelete
  10. Excellent blog! Do you have any recommendations for aspiring writers?

    I'm hoping to start my own site

    soon but I'm a little lost on everything. Would you recommend starting with a free platform like

    Wordpress or go for a paid option? There are so many choices out there that I'm completely

    overwhelmed .. Any suggestions? Cheers!

    Also visit my webpage http://www.alboxproperty.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the valuable info you provide in your articles. I’ll bookmark your blog

    and check again here regularly. I'm quite sure I will learn many new stuff right here! Good luck for the next!

    Also visit my web site :: Costa Blanca Property

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am really enjoying the theme/design of your site. Do you ever run into any

    browser compatibility problems? A couple of my blog audience have complained about my blog not operating correctly

    in Explorer but looks great in Opera. Do you have any


    recommendations to help fix this problem?

    My web site - buying real estate notes

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thаnk yоu a lot for shaгing thiѕ with all people
    you actually realize ωhat you're talking about! Bookmarked. Kindly additionally talk over with my web site =). We can have a hyperlink change contract among us

    my webpage apple cider vinegar weight loss

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hеу thеre I am so grateful I found your blog, I reаlly found you by
    mistake, whilе I was resеarching on Googlе fог ѕomething else,
    Anyωays I am here now and wоuld juѕt like to ѕay thanks for a
    fantаstic post and a аll round іnteresting blog (Ι also loνe the theme/dеsign),
    Ӏ don’t have timе to go thrоugh іt all at the minute but I have booκ-marκed it and
    also іncluԁed your RSЅ feeds,
    so when I have time I will be baсκ to reaԁ
    a great deal more, Please do keep up the fantastiс b.


    Hеre іs my site - bramka sms play

    ReplyDelete
  15. A person essentially help to make seriously articles I would state.
    This is the very

    first time I frequented your web page and thus far?
    I amazed with the research you made to

    create this particular publish extraordinary. Fantastic

    job!

    My web site murcia bike hire

    ReplyDelete
  16. Howdy just wanted to give you a quick heads up. The words in your content seem
    to be running off the screen in Chrome. I'm not sure if this is a

    format issue or something to do with browser compatibility but I thought I'd post to let you know.
    The design look great though! Hope you get

    the issue fixed soon. Kudos

    My blog post: buildmeup.co

    ReplyDelete
  17. fantastic points altogether, you simply gained a brand new reader.


    What would you suggest in regards to your post that you made some days ago?
    Any positive?

    My blog: villa for sale

    ReplyDelete
  18. hey there and thank you in your information - I’ve

    definitely picked up something new from proper here.

    I did then

    again expertise a few technical issues using

    this website, as I experienced to reload the website many times previous to I could get it
    to load correctly. I

    have been brooding about if your hosting is OK? Not that I am complaining, but

    slow loading instances instances will very frequently affect your
    placement in google and can harm your high-

    quality score if ads and ***********

    Also visit my website :: vw touareg de ocasion en la rioja

    ReplyDelete
  19. Do you have a spam issue on this website; I also am a blogger, and
    I was curious about your situation; we have developed some nice
    methods and we

    are looking to exchange methods with other folks, be sure

    to shoot me an e-mail if interested.

    Here is my blog post - Www.seolinkads.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderful blog! I found it while browsing on Yahoo News.
    Do you have any tips on how to get listed in Yahoo News?
    I've been trying for a while but I never seem to get there! Thanks

    Feel free to surf to my web-site ... raspberry ketone burn

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hey! This is my first visit to your blog! We are a collection of
    volunteers and starting a new project in a community in the same niche.
    Your blog provided us useful information to work on.

    You have done a wonderful job!

    Also visit my web blog ... Be your own boss

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi there! Do you know if they make any plugins to assist with SEO?
    I'm trying to get my blog to rank for some targeted keywords but I'm not
    seeing very good results. If you know of any
    please share. Kudos!

    Review my web site - Enduros Male Enhancement Review

    ReplyDelete
  23. Its such as you read my thoughts! You appear to understand so much approximately this,
    such as you wrote the e-book in it or something. I believe that you could do
    with a few percent to drive the message home a little bit, however other than that, this
    is excellent blog. An excellent read. I will certainly be back.


    Look into my web page; No2 maximus reviews

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks for a marvelous posting! I genuinely enjoyed reading it, you might be
    a great author. I will be sure to bookmark your blog
    and will come back sometime soon. I want to encourage yourself
    to continue your great posts, have a nice morning!

    Look into my website; Acai Ultra Lean Diet

    ReplyDelete
  25. The same applies to a student loan people action plan -- make
    a list of jobs. Encouraging consumers to try out your service.
    It is crucial to summarize the findings and bring about the development and delivery of that Student Loan People message so that individuals can be either personal, educational or for buying
    property. By doing what AOL is doing; morphing into a media company and using its reach
    for Good.

    Feel free to visit my webpage :: Student Loans for People with Bad Credit

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hello to every single one, it's in fact a good for me to pay a visit this site, it includes valuable Information.

    my page :: green coffee beans

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hello my friend! I want to say that this article is
    awesome, great written and include almost all significant infos.
    I would like to look extra posts like this .

    my web page; Profit web system reviews

    ReplyDelete
  28. I pay a visit each day a few web sites and information sites to read articles or reviews, except this
    website provides feature based posts.

    Feel free to visit my webpage ... Satiereal saffron extract

    ReplyDelete